First major storm!

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
What an adventure last night was...70 mile an hour winds and hail! The pool ( new plaster -2 weeks out) had about 4-5 inches of debris in the bottom this morning and a few large tree limbs in it It had also turned a lovely shade of green..go figure. Managed to fish out the limbs and spent 2 hours vacuuming out the debris and I think I emptied the pump basket 5 times at least. I added 1/2 gallon bleach before vacuuming and another 1/2 after...starting to turn blue again and just based on test strips have about 4 ppms right now. Will do more extensive tests later...have a down tree and fence as well, so my attention is in several places. Anything else I should be doing?? Noticed some discolorations on the plaster that were not there before last night..will I be able to brush those out?
thanks....whew, what a morning...off to get a temp fence for the yard!

B

Sorry to hear that Bubs :(

For now, just make sure you have an FC residual and PH is around 7.6 and go tend to the rest of the mess. When you get a chance post up a full set of test results and we'll help you get the pool back on track :goodjob:

Ok, well I did better than I thought..after testing and adding some bleach and acid this morning ( not at the same time), here are my results
BTW, this was my first CYA test..wanted to give the pucks some time to build up CYA with the start up.

FC 5
TA 110
PH 7.8
CA 270
CYA 35

Now question, is it pretty normal to lose chlorine down to 0 in a day? I thought with the CYA ( and the pucks) that would not happen so soon, but I am still learning!
Thanks,
B

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.