Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IG pool cover recommendation

1. Back To Top    #1

IG pool cover recommendation

I have to order an IG pool cover and wanted to make sure I was ordering from a vendor with a good product/track record. I am leaning towards a mesh cover b/c a hard cover may be too difficult to manage. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    22.5K Vinyl IGP, Hayward DE progrid filter, 1.5 HP super pump, AutoPilot SWG, Jandy Heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    Are you asking for online vendor suggestions?

If so, I just ordered and received in timely fashion a solar cover from www.intheswim.com

http://www.poolgeek.com/ offers a discount for TFP members, unfortunately he does not carry covers. Just thought I'd let you know for future purchases.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Try these guys, they're who we use for most liners and covers http://www.vynall.com/index.cfm. Your pool should be easy to make a cover for, and I'd assume that anyone could do it but these guys have a good product and good 'turnover' time. If you need any tips or help with the installation, just ask
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4
    And I'll have to say your in good hands with Waste!
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes - I am looking for online vendors. Thanks for the info

I expect to take my time and install the cover myself (I'm sure my wife will be nervous). Just wanted to make sure I get a quality product from a place that has good customer service. There are many cover manufacturers (artic armor, meyco, etc...) making my decision a little harder. Not sure if my pool will be OK with a 5x5 panel. A salesman told me that the manufacturer will determine if 5x5 is sufficient, or I need 3x3.
    22.5K Vinyl IGP, Hayward DE progrid filter, 1.5 HP super pump, AutoPilot SWG, Jandy Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: IG pool cover recommendation

What cover did you go with. I see that poolgeek.com now has covers. Does anyone know the discount to TFP members?
    2008 23K IG Liner, Pentair intellipump vf, 48DE filter, Heatpump, SWC, aquabot turbo T, K2006 Testkit