Anyone tried the copilot systems with ozone??

jamesfr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2011
W.Sussex, UK
Hi,

Looking for a swg system to convert my pool....

I was wondering if anyone had tried the copilot system with the autopilot SWG and the ozone system??

Can anyone point me in the right direction, avdvantages/disadvantages of using ozone system??

Thanks,

James

Ozone is generally not worth using in a residential outdoor pool. Ozone is very efficient at breaking down CC, but chlorine plus sunlight is plenty good enough if you only have a couple of people swimming each day. Ozone becomes much more worthwhile when you have a high bather load, such as in a public pool. Chlorine and sunlight alone can't keep up with the CC from dozens of people swimming, while ozone can.

Are their any disadvantages with using the two systems together do you think it is just not needed for a small residential pool... The pool will be covered 99% of the time due to having kids around so the UV exposure be much lower. The cover is a roller polycarbonate type.

They work just fine together, and CoPilot is a good brand. It just isn't worth the money in a residential pool as the SWG alone works so well at lower numbers of bathers that there is nothing for the ozone to improve on.

You will want to uncover the pool at least one hour a week or you are likely to have problems (with or without ozone). Keeping the cover on all of the time essentially converts the pool to an indoor pool, which is a much more temperamental beast than an outdoor pool.

There are two primary issues: UV and outgassing. There are several processes that either don't occur or occur much more slowly without UV. Typically only a small amount of UV is required to process the backlog. Meanwhile, various volatile compounds buildup in the water. Given an opportunity they will outgas into the atmosphere. If they build up in the water to high enough levels various complications can ensue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.