MgeWeb

MegWeb

Apr 29, 2007
Burlington, NC
Hi all, I'm Megan - found Sean's site from the host company support forum where I seem to have been spending lots of time lately (I'm "so outta my league" over there).

I have a 18ft diameter 4 ft deep above ground POS (one of those big blue things) that was set up last year & despite all my trying, was only usable for about 3 weeks. After doing some research, I found that the pump that came with the pool (when my mother in law bought it) was only recommended for up to a 15 ft. pool. No wonder it never seemed to be circulating the water & my cleaning efforts were in vain. We will be attempting to set it up again this year...I have a head ache already.

My husband & I live in central NC w/our 2 daughters (Leia's almost 9 & Callie's almost 2). I work full time as a scientist at Syngenta Biotechnology, am the leader of a Girl Scout Troop, and recently left an online mommies community that I'd been a moderator for for almost a year & started my own site for local moms.

I can't wait to get help w/my pool.

Hi, Megan,

What Debbie said. You're right about your type pool........they are notorious for having inadequate pumps. That said, we'll all help you get it up and running "troublefree".

Read the "Just getting started" first. It will lead to some questions. Just post 'em up and we'll all help you get good answers. It'll seem a little complicated at first but not for long.

I'm down in Raleigh and there's quite a few of us NC folks on the forum. The Texans have us currently outnumbered but we're gaining. :lol:

Hello Megan,

Welcome to the forum. I also live in Burlington so I had to do a double-take when I saw your location. We put in our pool last year and I would echo Texasgirl's comments about the help you will find here. If you're looking for information on how to take care of your pool the right way, this is where it's at.

See you on the forum,

Tarheelpool