Liquidator Installation question

Jul 27, 2008
I'm planning on purchasing the 8 gal Liquidator with the 3/8" upgrade kit. My vacation home is located on the Outer Banks of North Carolina and the pump and filter are located on a raised platform about 5 ft above the ground. I could install the liquidator on the platform but that would subject it to direct sun for about 6 hours a day. I guess I could locate it behind the sand filter which would block the sun for a few more hours. . What I would like to do if possible is place the liquidator on the ground under the house (out of the sun). The question I have is if the 5 ft run of hose for the outlet side and inlet side of the liquidator will cause performance problems. The other alternative I have is to connect to the main drain outlet pipe from the pool at ground level and the return pipe to the pool at ground level. Would this cause problems?

Welcome to TFP.

There's a couple of different ways to approach your situation.
1. You can mount the LQ (short for liquidator) on the platform and paint all but a 2" strip down the side of it.
2. You can mount it under the house. a few feet of tubing isn't going to make much of a difference.
3. (This is the less desirable approach) would be to run the LQ lines from the return line at the ground and the MD line at the ground.

No. 3 would probably cause problems because the outlet of the LQ needs to be as close to the pump as possible in order to get the greatest suction pressure.

I would go for #2.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.