New Pool - What do I need?

Easto

Jun 27, 2010
http://discounterspoolandspa.com/store/default.aspx

This pool place in our city every April has a big discount sale. I had my pool put in at the end of the summer last year, so I consider this year my new pool year.

When I spoke to one of the employees at the store last fall he said the sale is special invite (we got an invite) and the place is a zoo, shoulder-to-shoulder. If all this is true, I won't have time to browse around, but I want to pick up as much as I can during the pre-summer sale.

- I live in South Western Ontario, Canada
- My pool is 4 foot shallow end, 8 foot deep end vinyl pool
- My pool specs

I have an Aquavac robotic cleaner
Cartridge filter
6' Stairs into the shallow end
UV and chlorine sanitation
Gas Heater
Solar Blanket w/ roller

What should I shop for to get my pool ready and get me through the pool season this year?

I have no idea what you already have, so skip things on this list you have already.

Cyanuric acid
Liquid chlorine (if you add chlorine manually and their price is good)
Skimmer socks
Leaf rake
Nylon brush or wall whale
Pole for leaf rake & brush
Pool toys (noodles, kick board, dive toys, float chair, light show thing, swim belt)
Water thermometer (unless your heater shows the water temp)

I'd say look for a K-2006 test kit. But I don't see that on the website. Tf100 is a better deal, but nobody ships them to Canada except one monopoly.

I was also going to suggest a measuring cup. That didn't come up in a search, either.

I guess I'm no help. But I think I use those two items more than anything else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.