New Intelliflo VS pump.

Just-a-PB

In The Industry
Mar 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
The New Pentair Intelliflo VS pump will replace the 3050.
It will have 8 speeds, and built in timers for each speed, with a LCD screen as well to program it as a stand alone.
All this for roughly the same price we have been paying.
:goodjob: Pentair

Just-a-PB said:
The New Pentair Intelliflo VS pump will replace the 3050.
It will have 8 speeds, and built in timers for each speed, with a LCD screen as well to program it as a stand alone.
All this for roughly the same price we have been paying.
:goodjob: Pentair

They have been talking about doing this since 6 months after the original's release.

Hopefully it doesn't take 2 years to hit distribution.

I think I read the same document you are referring to. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on two EcoStars (which I decided on for their slight advantage in efficiency, and since the EcoStar was more open ended on automation systems, which I do not have currently, but you never know) But I may have to do some more research to determine if there are differences.

I'm sure that the marketing info would have mentioned something if there were "new and improved" motor or drive design changes?

I am not certain how many different speeds are available for each preset speed. Basically, it's a VF-SVRS without the SVRS module in the firmware. I know the load sensing that the SVRS and VF models required the very low end of the available speeds to be brought up to a higher speed but I don't see any reason for that to be the case with then new version. The original VS-3050 had 305 selectable speeds for each preset.

Scott

So with the LCD/timers, this pump can then run by itself without a separate automator/timer? I was about to pull the trigger on an Intelliflo VF because I didn't want to pay for an automator, but if this new VS can do it for cheaper, that may be the way to go.

Any idea if they'll come out with a new VF that's more efficient?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PoolGuyNJ said:
I am not certain how many different speeds are available for each preset speed. Basically, it's a VF-SVRS without the SVRS module in the firmware. I know the load sensing that the SVRS and VF models required the very low end of the available speeds to be brought up to a higher speed but I don't see any reason for that to be the case with then new version. The original VS-3050 had 305 selectable speeds for each preset.

Scott

So basically you think the new VS model will be able to run a lower speed thereby possibly making it even more efficient then the VF which has to have the lower speed brought up to a higher speed? Sorry for the dumb question, but I often need things spelled out...

PoolGuyNJ is expecting that the new pump will have the very lowest speeds, which not all of the models do. That is also what I expect will happen.

All of the IntelliFlo pumps to date have optimum efficiency at about 1,000 RPM. The loss of the lowest speeds on some models doesn't affect their optimal efficiency, since they all have speeds around 1,000 RPM. The new one may or may not be different in this regard, we don't know yet.

There Here, :whoot:
I picked one up today at SCP, they had a table top so there was a nice discount.
Basically as far as the pump and speeds it is exactly the same as the 3050, just with a touch screen, 8 speeds, and times for each.
Now if we can just get a place to plug in the remote antenna, and a CVA were in business.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.