Liquidator Install Question

Mar 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm going to be installing my new liquidator this weekend and had a question on where to put the output line. I know it needs to go before the pump, but should it go before or after the automatic actuator that converts the flow between pool and spa mode? If I put it before the actuator, and the pool is in spa mode, no chlorine will be drawn from the Liquidator. My concern is whether the "In" line from after the filter will continue to push water into the Liquidator without anything being drawn out and possibly overflowing the Liquidator.

Also, I read Bama Rambler's post that he was having issues with the skimmer basket getting filled up and creating too much pressure to where the Liquidator drained in one day. I've got two skimmer lines and one line for the main drain. If I'm supposed to put it before the actuator, I'm assuming I should put it on the main drain line to prevent this from happening?

Last question, my Liquidator will be in morning sun, and I'm thinking I need to either paint or insulate it. If anyone has any pictures of how they have solved this problem I'd love to see them.

Thanks for all your help!

You generally want it on the pool line, before the merge with the spa. Putting it after the main drain and skimmer merge is best, but on the main drain line is acceptable.

The unit can't flood, at least if everything is working correctly. There is a float valve that will close the input when the water level in the tank gets high enough.

You don't want it to run in spa only mode because it will feed too much chlorine into the spa, which needs way less than the pool.

What if you had a heater on your setup? Wouldn't the extra chlorine affect the heater parts? normally the brominator/chlroinator would be after the heater right?

Sorry if this is Hijacking
I have no liquidator, but am interested in adding to my pending install since I will be using bbb (My PB doesn't deal in Liquidators)

Thx

If you put it after the MD and skimmer merge then even if the skimmer filled up it wouldn't increase the suction head and cause any issues.

The problems I had was with tons of oak blooms. They plug up the skimmer quickly and tightly. Water will still flow through them but at a much lower rate. Leaves don't normally cause a problem even if the skimmer gets full of them. Also keep in mind that it's only happened a few times and I wanted a pump anyway. I also don't have a main drain so there's no alternate flow path.

Red Shirt Ensign, the Liquidator, and some tablet feeders, have to feed in before the pump because they use the pressure difference across the pump to work. The amount of chlorine added at any given time is so small that it isn't normally a problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.