Algae, how long does it take to..............

JCJR

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2007
Miami
..........grow in the pool plumbing if you don't use the lines. Example, I have a sheer descent and 2 water Lion features that I do not use everyday, I guess no water will circulate in those pipes until I open them up. So, could I get by 2 or 3 days with out circulating water through them? I have probably gone weeks with out opening the valves and no Algae or CCs (knock on wood). Also, how about the vac suction line?. I have gone days without opening that line as well.

Algae won't grow in the lines because it needs sunlight. Bacteria and other critters can grow in there though. I'd want at least daily circulation for a little while on all lines.

Sorry for the change of subject JC, but I don't remember seeing your pool. Do you have pictures posted somewhere?[/quote]

I don't have any pictures yet, only of my pool before my Mom's B-day party held at my house.

Pool.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.