Fiberstars F4

Jun 9, 2010
cave creek, AZ
I have an old Fiberstars Fs4 light system. The light is very weak in the pool. I know the bulb is good and I have cleaned the little piece of glass the sits between the bulb and the fiber cable.

I have attached pics of my fiber ends and my fiber cables. I have no idea what I'm looking for but it does look like the ends of my fiber are pretty dirty/worn. I wiped them but its not just dust unfortunately.

Are the fibers supposed to terminate flush with the housing, mine sit about a 1/2" lower.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

• fibers.JPG
    fibers.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 60
  • cables.JPG
    cables.JPG
    483 KB · Views: 60
If there is enough slack, I would re-terminate it. If there isn't, you'll have to dig a bit to get the base down a bit to make slack. The 1/2" won't make a big difference but a clean cut with a hot knife tool and a little fiber gel will go a long way to restoring the light. It's also possible that the fiber yellowed if it cam into contact with the chlorinated water. This would require replacing the affected bundle.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.