Stone/Cement Coping

Rob

May 23, 2007
Hey Everyone,

I've noticed in a lot of the pool pics, many people have the stone or cement deck that directly overlaps into the pool. This seems like a really nice feature that makes the deck wider and looks nicer (vs. the old plastic coping that I have one the pool now).

I had a couple of questions about it though. Is it a problem for when you get out of the pool not using the ladder/steps? The one plus with the plastic type stuff is it makes a smooth surface to get out with. Also, how does it work? Is it a special type of coping that you just go right over with the deck, or is the stone/concrete actually part of the coping?

Rob, I think what you're asking about is a 'cantilever deck' in which the poured deck overhangs the pool an inch or so, you need a special form to hold the crete in place until it's set up enough to do the final finish work on it. They look great but if you have a liner pool, they make the liner installation a little more difficult.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.