The Pool Cleaner and Baracuda X7 in Action

phalcon51

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 5, 2010
So. California
Well, I had 2 pool cleaners laying around, a new toy to play with and some time to kill this last weekend so I decided to make a couple of videos of the cleaners in action. I recently got a GoPro HD camera. It comes with a waterproof housing and a variety of mounts. I used the 3" suction cup mount to attach it to the wall just under the waterline in the deep end of the pool. I then set the camera to take a picture every 2 seconds and started the cleaner and let it run for 2 hours. After downloading pictures to my computer I used MakeAVI to create an .avi video from the stills. I then used Windows Live Movie Maker to add titles at the beginning and end and uploaded them to YouTube.

And now, after hours of production are the stars you've been waiting to see! :party: Grab your popcorn, relax, put up your feet and watch. Critiques welcome! :lol:

[youtube:1gp5ciz8]CFEKW0G3JnM[/youtube:1gp5ciz8]

2 Hour Cleaning Cycle in 4 Minutes. Here's a time-lapse video of The Pool Cleaner by Poolvergneugen in my pool. It was set up according to the included instructions with the R.H. drive wheel set to turn 11-13 rpm. This is a suction side cleaner, so it vacuums directly to your filter. I have a Hayward leaf-catcher in-line to catch the larger bits of sand, gravel or twigs. The Pool Cleaner randomly scoots around the pool and does a very good job of sucking up sand, gravel, leaves, small twigs and dead bugs. Ocassionally it will get stuck in a corner trying to climb the wall, but after about a minute it will rotate to a new direction and move on. In one instance it managed to flip over backwards in a corner, then fell on its side and crabbed around for about 10 seconds, righted itself and continued on. It covers the entire pool, deep and shallow end and partway up the walls, and over a few days at a couple of hours a day it seems to cover the entire pool. So far, I'm very happy with it compared to the two other cleaners I've tried. I'd recommend it.

[youtube:1gp5ciz8]9SrLAnXybus[/youtube:1gp5ciz8]

2 Hour Cleaning Cycle in 4 Minutes. Here's a time-lapse video of the Baracuda X7 in my pool. It was set up according to the included instructions with the supplied suction gauge set to 3. My main concerns are that it spends very little time in the shallow end of the pool and a lot of time on the walls and going in big circles in the deep end. In one instance it climbed straight up the corner in the deep end and sat at water level, sucking air into the pump until it completey lost suction. Even then, it didn't submerge, it just sat there sucking air. Luckily, I was home at the time or it would have probably burned out my brand new pump. It has difficulty picking up sand and dirt and it also has a tendency to simply push debris out of the way instead of vacuuming it up. I can't say I'm really happy with it, but you can make up your own mind

No, no links missing. You should be seeing a still frame from each of the video files with a big "start" arrow in the middle of each one and the "YouTube" logo in the bottom right. It's a direct YouTube embed. I'm seeing it just fine. Anyone else having a problem with it? If so, please let me know. In the meantime, here's a couple of direct links to the vids:

The Pool Cleaner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFEKW0G3JnM

Baracuda X7:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SrLAnXybus

Thanks for watching!

Gary

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.