Useful links for fellow Intex Pool Owners

crookm11

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2010
Copperas Cove, Texas
Hi Everyone, :wave:

Spring is right around the corner and the seasonal pools will start to be unpacked and put together for another pool season. Questions will start to fly as the weather gets better. As a fellow Intex pool owner I have received many emails and pm's about the Intex pool and various modifications I have done to the pool. There are many threads about these pools from other members that have the same, if not better, ideas to make these pools more enjoyable and efficient. I thought I would put together a list of links about these pools. Please feel free to ask questions and post answers on this thread.

Here we go:

Census Poll on Intex Users
Intex Pool Inground
Never Buy Intex Type A Filter Again
Intex SWG with Copper Question
Upgraded Plumbing and Thru-wall Skimmer
Second Return and Fountain for Intex Pool
Making Plumbing Adapters for Intex SWG
Custom PVC Pipe Adapter for Intex Pools
Winterizing an Intex Metal Frame Pool
Intex 1000gph Pump vs 2500gph is like Night and Day
Cutting My Intex Pool
Trouble keeping Intex Easy Set Ring Inflated
Too Unlevel
Easy Set Pool How to Run the Skimmer and Main Drain Together
Pool Water relief in an Intex Pool
Adding Thru-wall Skimmer
Intex Pool and Deck Build
Backyard build in Central Texas
Hard plumbed Intex pool
Heated Intex Pool
Intex Easy Set Skimmer Bracket MOD
Cutting Larger Intake and Return Holes

As more fine topics are posted I will update the links.
:cheers:

Mod Note:
Please feel free to add more useful links to this thread. If you have questions please ask them in your own new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Useful links for fellow Intex Pool Owners

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I take it you have an Intex pool? Let us know what kind. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about these pools. There are many people with these pools so you should get great advice for any of your questions.
:cheers:

Reactions: Robinson1990

We had the 18 x 52 intex ultra frame pool with the combined SWG/pump unit. It gave 2 years of flawless service, my mistake when airing it out to store ruined the liner. We have the 24x52 ultra frame pool on the way.

Reactions: Robinson1990

Hi Mark,
This is also my first post and I want to thank you for contributions here. You've really inspired me again.

I had a 12' intex frame pool back in 2002, bought for my youngest boy and the grandkids.

We are in the UK and found the pool too big for the area we had. My grandson has CP and uses a wheelchair, and I built a ramp from the garden area to the patio, but the pool blocked the ramp access.

Anyways, I emptied my garage and put it up in there, where it stayed for five years. I found another website at the time that promoted the BBB method, and had no problems whatsoever. No-one would ever believe me that I hadn't drained or refilled the pool in all that time.

Not a very good picture of the pool, I know, and I was more concerned with capturing the bar, which was my main priority at the time:
[attachment=0:3snf9jt8]PoolBar-4.JPG[/attachment:3snf9jt8]
Now my youngest grandchild wants a pool, and the garage is stayng as a garage, so I have had to downsize to a 10' pool on the patio. No big deal for me (until I see all the beautiful pools on this site), but I'm expecting a lot of debris landing on this pool and the first thing I considered was a skimmer.

I wasn't keen on the intex floating skimmer, but your thru' the wall tutorial has given me the perfect answer to my problem.

Hoping to get it up and rinning before this weekend.
Again, many thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• PoolBar-4.JPG
    PoolBar-4.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 25,662
Reactions: wewefirex2x

This thread is awesome and well needed for me! thanks to all whom I will be reading their intex pool posts of Ideas
I have but will be replacing my 16'x48" intex do to it's 3 summers old and rust is eating through some of the top rails. (never took down) Florida
Now I am thinking of getting another 16' or 18' intex (sales) and upgrading the pump with DE filter system so I'm looking for ideas.
I like the water to move Jacuzzi style! LOL plus cleaning the bottom with a larger pump will make it easier to clean! I'll probably spend more on the pump then the pool but for what I can save with an intex over a metal frame pool it will be all good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I have the pro series 22` by 52" it is our first pool and we love it!...Im having problems with the pump not being strong enough it seems...what do the sand filters run price wise...maybe upgrading next yr!

We use the Hayward Wanda the wonder whale to clean our 9 X 18 rectangular Ultra Frame pool. She's great and evens gets the corners. I think it cost us about $99 from Amazon. We tried to use the original pump with it, but it wasn't powerful enough to run the cleaner. We have a 1 hp Hayward Pump to run it. We also put in a through wall skimmer, and she has never worked better.

Have fun!

Liz

hello I have an intex ultraframe with swg. my fc is showing 9 and my cc0 pool ta 50 salt 2730 to 2910 cya 30 .pool calculator is telling me to add baking soda . I already added stabilizer should I wait until tomorrow to add baking soda then another day for salt
thanks

I watched a few you tube vids to work out how to do the thru the wall skimmer, its not that hard... Just don't put the skimmer over a seam.... Google intex thru the wall skimmer and click on images and you'll have no shortage of pics .... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.