Pentair Intellitouch i9 3S not working in "Auto" mode

Apr 5, 2011
My Pentair Intellitouch is not functioning properly (purchased 2006). It continues to run the filter based on a previously established program while in "Auto" mode, but no other controls work on the outdoor control panel or on the remote. I can switch to "Service" mode and then the buttons on the outdoor control panel work to control the pumps, automatic valves and lights.

I've tried resetting the circuit breaker for the control panel and hitting the "Reset" button on the control panel. I've also tried pushing the mini circuit breakers on the panel itself, but I'm not sure that did anything.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

--
Ron Page
Mesa, Arizona

Update - I got help from Pentair tech support (thanks to reading another posting in this forum, I found that such a thing exists). It's probably due to the antenna circuit board needing replaced. The Intellitouch unit won't work in "Auto" mode if it can't communicate with the antenna - even the buttons on the control panel won't work if that is the case. I'll update later after I get a new board - other comments/suggestions welcome.

If by "outdoor control panel" you mean the buttons on the main I-9 panel where all of your equipment is hooked to:
None of those buttons will work unless you are in service mode, they don't do anything in Auto.

As far as your wireless remote; the antenna is usually a good place to start.
I assume you tried to re-address the unit and get nothing but (Error cant communicate.....)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.