Opening my left over swamp of a pool

Jun 12, 2010
Levelland Texas
Okay, I have had a couple of threads going recently discussing converting to SWG and power washing my liner.....anyway, our pool has only about 2 feet of water in it as we didn't cover it over the winter and it is a total green swamp...originally we thought of just draining it and refilling it the same day/immediately so as to not damage the liner, but.....I have another thought, and this may be a totally stupid question...... :mrgreen:

Could we use some bleach and some type of circulation (w/o filtering) on this left over water to atleast kill everything then just fill to the top then start filtering, treating, opening the normal way, or would draining and refilling be better???? :?:

Thanks for any response I can get on this question!!!

Unless there is a foot or more of muck in the bottom it is simplest to fill the pool to the regular level and then start cleaning it up. Completely draining an in-ground vinyl liner is almost never a good idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.