Would like some advice on placement of solar panels

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
We purchased 2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels and would like to figure out where to put them so we can purchase the necessary supplies to get the plumbing put back together. We put the heater, filter and pump in the garage for the winter. I attached a rough drawing as to where my husband would like to put the panels. The will be on some sort of rack. Would this be too far from the pump? Any suggestions, advice etc. would be appreciated.
large.jpg

I'm not sure how closely everything is to scale, but that looks like it will be fine. As long as the panels are within 40 or 50 feet of the pump you should be just fine. Further away can be done as well, but you might need a larger pump.

JasonLion said:
I'm not sure how closely everything is to scale, but that looks like it will be fine. As long as the panels are within 40 or 50 feet of the pump you should be just fine. Further away can be done as well, but you might need a larger pump.
Nothing is to scale. I did measure the distance from pump to pool, so the 20 feet is correct. Thanks.
My layout is similar to yours and the solar panels are on the roof of the garage.
I would love to have them up on the garage roof, but the roof faces east and west.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.