Nature 2 GF series with Salt pool

I am not familiar with GF cartridges. Nature2 G cartridges are good for up to 6 months. Nature2 CF cartridges are good for up to 4 months.

We don't recommend using Nature2 at all. Nature2 is a copper and silver system, both of which can lead to unsightly and difficult to remove stains if used too much, while providing little benefit.

Sorry it is a G series. So what you are saying is that these units are not needed to keep crystal clear water(SWG)? Last year was my first summer and our water was perfect, very little chemical(ph down) work so I figured the Nature 2 was great help.

I just hate to pay for another cartridge if they don't help the water stay clear.

Many thanks

They certainly aren't required to have perfect crystal clear water. A SWG all by it's self is usually just about prefect as long as you take a little time to make sure your chemical levels are properly balanced.

In a perfect world the Nature2 system allows you to turn down the percentage on the SWG just a little, and otherwise have no effect. In practice they don't always even do that, and once in a long while they cause serious problems.

The N2 is expensive to keep up with and is not a very good idea as it adds metals to the pool water. This can cause stains on your pool surfaces after a while.

I pulled the cartridge out of my Nature 2. Last year, I deplumbed it from the system. Have never looked back. :goodjob:

I have the DuoClear system - it can't be run without a cartridge in place because of the way it's designed. Instead, I opened up the cartridge, removed the bag full of little balls (this is the silver and mineral I assume), put the cartridge back together and also have not looked back.

Prior to doing this I was getting unsightly brownish stains on my return eyeballs, skimmer basket, pump basket and some on my steps, though not as bad. These stains disappeared with Vitamin C. This upcoming season will be my first full season without the silver/minerals being added. If the stains don't come back, I'll know it was the mineral cartridge causing them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.