Just Fired my Pool Company

Mar 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
I just wanted to give a great big thank you to all of you on this board. I've been reading through the various different threads and the pool school for the past month or so and I finally got up the guts to fire my pool company today. TFP finally helped me realize that pool chemistry isn't as hard as I was making it, and pool repairs don't require a mechanical engineering degree. I am planning on using the BBB method from now on. I've got the TF100 test kit, and should have listened to you guys about getting the magnetic stirrer. I have one coming tomorrow along with my Liquidator (Thanks PST!) and will post test results once I have the stirrer to help get accurate readings.

From reading all of your posts and seeing your pictures, I realized I could handle repairs, and actually installed a replacement header for my heater and a new multiport valve today, both of which were damaged in February's ice storm. I replumbed everything, which was much easier than I thought it would be. Without this site, and it's great knowledge base, I would never have attempted this, or the daily upkeep.

Tomorrow the Liquidator arrives, and I'll be itching to install it. I probably won't have time until next weekend, but look forward to doing this also.

Pool School + The Pool Calculator = No more Pool Service!

257WbyMag said:
A magnetic stirrer is a device that stirs your test sample for you. It is helpful for test that require lots of stirring and lots of drops. The CH test is a good one to have a magnetic stirrer for. Here's the link to get one...

http://tftestkits.net/SpeedStir-Magneti ... r-p56.html

257WbyMag speaks the TRUTH! It took me 130 drops to get my CH level... Lots of drippin, droppin N stirrin going on...

Congrats on Claiming Your Freedom! Put that pool service $$$ into dates with your sweetheart and never look back.... :cool:

Just jumped out there and went whole hog did you! Welcome to the team. Another day..............another convert.
We need pics of that liquidator hooked up please. Or rather (I do). Seriously considering one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.