New Pool Build, Equipment Pad Questions.

Apr 3, 2011
We are new new new to all of this!! Oh yeah! I would like to know how big is the area where your pump,filter, heater? One builder says an area of 8ft long by 3 ft wide. this sounds huge to me and would interfere with the "look" of an adjacent courtyard.
Can you let me know?
Thank you
Carmenchu

You can pack things in pretty tight if you have to, but it is much nicer if you have the room to spread things out a little. If you only have one pump, a heater, and a filter, you could get it down to 3x6 without too much trouble. Going smaller than that is possible, but starts to lead to things being harder to get at. If you have additional equipment you haven't mentioned, then 3x8 is probably a great idea.

You want to leave enough room to service the equipment. You don't want to be banging your knuckles and elbows into things just to clean a filter! Down the line you may want to add additional equipment. You can always disguise the pad area.

You may find this thread interesting!

My pad is fairly big and I only have 1 pump. On advice from TFP I asked the PB to leave me room to work on the equipment and add a SWG and maybe another item. I also have an extra 3-way valve with 2 future output lines (fountain and ?).

The interior of the wall is just over 10 feet long by about 40" deep. The equipment and valves stick out past 5 feet.

My hill helps to hide the equipment.

Attachments

• Pad3 (Large).JPG
    Pad3 (Large).JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Pad2 (Large).JPG
    Pad2 (Large).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 193
  • Pad1 (Large).JPG
    Pad1 (Large).JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 193
I visited a neighbor and their size for equipment is 3x6. I can very well understand how you would want elbow room with all the tubes coming from everywehre. So I will be redesigning the courtyard corner to fit the 3x8. If it's smaller, great! If not then I rather have the room as you all have said. Once we start this I will take pics and post
thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.