Mindy's pool is done

mindy_e_in_az

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 3, 2007
Arizona
Today was dig day unbeknownst to us. We were on the schedule for last Thur. but our permit didn't come in until Fri. Our excavator was in Cabo this weekend but said to call as soon as I had the permit in hand and he would put us on the schedule for early this week.
At 7 this morning my oldest said, Mom, they're here. They got started right away and apparently stopped right after I left for work. They hit caliche about 3-4 ft. down that they couldn't break through w/ the track ho. The owner gets back from Cabo tomorrow and will come check it out. He'll bring the hammer on Wed. and finish the dig.
Here's a pic of our design:
poolspecs.jpg

and the before pic of the yard:
100_4983.jpg

I'll post a pic tomorrow of the dig up to this point.

Life got busy but the pool is dug. Plumbing was supposed to start tomorrow but the plumber had to reschedule for Mon.
So, here are some updated pics:

Day 1 dig as far as they got before hitting caliche
100_5017.jpg

and here is the completed dig, day 3

100_5050.jpg

100_5052.jpg

and just for fun, a pic my 5-yr-old took of the track ho
100_5024.jpg

Wow that looks great. I'm curious as to which builder you choose to go with as I'm in AZ as well. I wish I had found these forums before I built my pool to get more ideas. I think a beach entry looks awesome and I'm sure my dogs would have gotten a kick out of it. We have a large swim step but it's still too deep for the dogs to just hang out.

Good luck will be looking forward to see more progress.

Eric

ehorn, thanks. We are actually owner/builder. We wanted a little more design flexibility and more pool for our money. We decided this route would work best for us. So far, I'm really happy we're hiring the subs ourselves.
We are actually changing that beach entry into a baja shelf. We decided it was going to be too steep of a slope. We had a modified beach entry in our last pool but it was 15' across one end of the pool. The slope wasn't drastic at all.
And, if you look in the pic it looks like it's not going to be much of a baja shelf. That's just b/c we have so many rocks that it just kind of crumbled away. So, unfortunately, it will have to be formed w/ steel and filled w/ gunite.

Today the plumbers came and got started. They will be out to finish tomorrow. While they were here we also had guys here installing a pergola over our outdoor kitchen so I'll share those pics as well.

100_5059.jpg

100_5058.jpg

here are the "before" pics of the outdoor kitchen. Hubby is building it. Still needs a few finishing touches but you can get the idea.
100_5013.jpg

and w/ the pergola up. You can see one of the guys still hard at work. We rewarded them w/ a couple beers and some tacos for dinner:
100_5061.jpg

and a night time shot:
100_5068.jpg

We've got the plumber finishing up tomorrow and the steel starting.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Plumbers finished up on Tue. Steel was started on Wed. They worked about 4 hrs and got pulled off to another job. They worked a very long day yesterday and had just a couple more hrs. of work this morning. The electrician came this morning and did his job. We have our inspection on Mon. and are trying to schedule gunite for Wed. Here are some updated pics.

100_5080.jpg

100_5073.jpg

100_5075.jpg

After a week of inactivity we've got shotcrete. These poor guys were here for 10.5 hrs. Here's what it looks like:

100_5084.jpg

100_5086.jpg

100_5083.jpg

The excavator's coming back wed. to backfill and grade. The rock guy will start putting on rocks on Fri.

I really like it! Looks awesome.

Got a stupid question. What are the plumbing lines stubbed up along the bottom of the pool?

Do you have main drains?

Where is your equipment pad in relation to your pool?

Whats next?

dlsdo said:
I really like it! Looks awesome.

Got a stupid question. What are the plumbing lines stubbed up along the bottom of the pool?

Do you have main drains?

Where is your equipment pad in relation to your pool?

Whats next?

its an infloor cleaning system, it kinda works like a inground sprinkler system with "stations" and they pop up little heads that spray water towards the MD to keep the bottom clean, some people route their heater pipe to them so the hot water comes from the bottom and heats more evenly, that is also (i think) the big strainer thing with all the pipes on the equipment pad.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.