Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mindy's pool is done

1. Back To Top    #1

Mindy's pool is done

Today was dig day unbeknownst to us. We were on the schedule for last Thur. but our permit didn't come in until Fri. Our excavator was in Cabo this weekend but said to call as soon as I had the permit in hand and he would put us on the schedule for early this week.
    At 7 this morning my oldest said, Mom, they're here. They got started right away and apparently stopped right after I left for work. They hit caliche about 3-4 ft. down that they couldn't break through w/ the track ho. The owner gets back from Cabo tomorrow and will come check it out. He'll bring the hammer on Wed. and finish the dig.
    Here's a pic of our design:

and the before pic of the yard:

I'll post a pic tomorrow of the dig up to this point.
    under construction (o/b): IG 34'x18' free form gunite pool w/ 9' raised spa w/ rock waterfall into pool, 18" raised bond, grotto,baja shelf, 3'-8', turbo twister slide.
    equipment: 2 hp whisperflow, 1.5 hp whisperflow, clean & clear 520 cartridge filter, 400K btu heater, easy touch 8 automation, intellchlor swcg

2. Back To Top    #2

The plans look great! Can not wait to see the progress and outcome. Very exciting!
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice detailed plan, doesn't leave much to the imagination. I like how it shows the elevation for everything, really could have used that. You could pack quite a few people in that spa.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

4. Back To Top    #4
    looks like a great plan. ready to watch the progress.
    Jay
    36' x19' Freeform, 16' waterfall w/ groto and slide, 5' x 10' sundeck, 12" raised spa. Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160, Master Temp 400, IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Aqua Blue PebbleSheen

5. Back To Top    #5

Life got busy but the pool is dug. Plumbing was supposed to start tomorrow but the plumber had to reschedule for Mon.
    So, here are some updated pics:

Day 1 dig as far as they got before hitting caliche

and here is the completed dig, day 3

and just for fun, a pic my 5-yr-old took of the track ho
    under construction (o/b): IG 34'x18' free form gunite pool w/ 9' raised spa w/ rock waterfall into pool, 18" raised bond, grotto,baja shelf, 3'-8', turbo twister slide.
    equipment: 2 hp whisperflow, 1.5 hp whisperflow, clean & clear 520 cartridge filter, 400K btu heater, easy touch 8 automation, intellchlor swcg

6. Back To Top    #6
    Lookin good....keep the pics coming.
    Jay
    36' x19' Freeform, 16' waterfall w/ groto and slide, 5' x 10' sundeck, 12" raised spa. Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160, Master Temp 400, IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Aqua Blue PebbleSheen

7. Back To Top    #7
    Thanks for sharing. Looks like this will be another great one to watch.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Wow that looks great. I'm curious as to which builder you choose to go with as I'm in AZ as well. I wish I had found these forums before I built my pool to get more ideas. I think a beach entry looks awesome and I'm sure my dogs would have gotten a kick out of it. We have a large swim step but it's still too deep for the dogs to just hang out.

Good luck will be looking forward to see more progress.

Eric

9. Back To Top    #9

ehorn, thanks. We are actually owner/builder. We wanted a little more design flexibility and more pool for our money. We decided this route would work best for us. So far, I'm really happy we're hiring the subs ourselves.
    We are actually changing that beach entry into a baja shelf. We decided it was going to be too steep of a slope. We had a modified beach entry in our last pool but it was 15' across one end of the pool. The slope wasn't drastic at all.
    And, if you look in the pic it looks like it's not going to be much of a baja shelf. That's just b/c we have so many rocks that it just kind of crumbled away. So, unfortunately, it will have to be formed w/ steel and filled w/ gunite.

10. Back To Top    #10

Today the plumbers came and got started. They will be out to finish tomorrow. While they were here we also had guys here installing a pergola over our outdoor kitchen so I'll share those pics as well.

here are the "before" pics of the outdoor kitchen. Hubby is building it. Still needs a few finishing touches but you can get the idea.

and w/ the pergola up. You can see one of the guys still hard at work. We rewarded them w/ a couple beers and some tacos for dinner:

and a night time shot:

We've got the plumber finishing up tomorrow and the steel starting.

11. Back To Top    #11

Plumbers finished up on Tue. Steel was started on Wed. They worked about 4 hrs and got pulled off to another job. They worked a very long day yesterday and had just a couple more hrs. of work this morning. The electrician came this morning and did his job. We have our inspection on Mon. and are trying to schedule gunite for Wed. Here are some updated pics.

12. Back To Top    #12
    Looking good! Another outdoor kitchen that is nicer than my indoor (and only) one!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

13. Back To Top    #13

Don't feel bad, Grace. The outdoor kitchen is not only much much nicer than my indoor one; it's about 4 times the size. It's such a sad little thing.

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks great!! Thanks for sharing. Keep the pics coming.
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

15. Back To Top    #15

Can't wait till to see the finished pictures, that outdoor cooking pit is making my mouth water

Dennis

Dennis

16000 gallons GRAND BEND ig vinyl pool, Sta-Rite Dynaglas 1hp pump and System III modular cartridge filter 300ft2, Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 salt generator, 325000btu LJ gas heater, 2 Pentair 500 watts lights, 4 deck jets.

16. Back To Top    #16

Inspecter just left. We passed so now we can shoot gunite. Yay!

17. Back To Top    #17

After a week of inactivity we've got shotcrete. These poor guys were here for 10.5 hrs. Here's what it looks like:

The excavator's coming back wed. to backfill and grade. The rock guy will start putting on rocks on Fri.

18. Back To Top    #18

I really like it! Looks awesome.

Got a stupid question. What are the plumbing lines stubbed up along the bottom of the pool?

Do you have main drains?

Where is your equipment pad in relation to your pool?

Whats next?
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

19. Back To Top    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsdo
    I really like it! Looks awesome.

Got a stupid question. What are the plumbing lines stubbed up along the bottom of the pool?

Do you have main drains?

Where is your equipment pad in relation to your pool?

Whats next?
    its an infloor cleaning system, it kinda works like a inground sprinkler system with "stations" and they pop up little heads that spray water towards the MD to keep the bottom clean, some people route their heater pipe to them so the hot water comes from the bottom and heats more evenly, that is also (i think) the big strainer thing with all the pipes on the equipment pad.

20. Back To Top    #20

Very interesting.
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast