Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Underwater Man

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Underwater Man

Hello from Underwater Man… so glad that I found this site! We just recently completed a major renovation of an old in ground gunite that came with our house. I have never felt very comfortable with the info I received from the pool supply stores. Now I see why… what a difference. Thanks to all for helping each other solve problems, and making owning a pool more fun. My builder did some things that I questioned, everything was hurry, hurry, hurry, and I have already found answers to a lot of my concerns. Luckily I found you guys/gals, and was able to start my new pool with the BBB method.

I am retired and enjoying gardening and making improvements to our home and landscape. I also hybridize bearded iris in my very limited garden space. I have a couple that are quite nice, and if they fare well over the next year or so, I will be naming them after my granddaughters, and registering them with the American Iris Society . Anyone interested in bearded iris please feel free to write.

Dan
    My pool… 30K gunite free form, 3 ft. to 11 ft. deep, with 700 gallon spill over spa. White plaster, Jandy 60 sq. ft. DE filter, 2HP Jandy Stealth Pump, 3/4 HP booster pump, Jandy color changing lights, Jandy 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris EOS command center with in-house controls, and shortcut remote next to spa. Hayward goldline valve actuators. 2HP Polaris QT blower for spa. Dolphin Dynamic robotic cleaner. Inline Chlorinator which is used with trichlor pucks ONLY when I need to raise my CYA, which I try to keep around 30 to 40 ppm.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Welcome! Glad you found us.

Don't know too much about BI, except that I regularly dig some out of my beds and put some in pots and allow them to languish in the shallow "marsh" end of my Koi pond each spring/summer. Just enough to get their feet wet but not underwater completely. They add some beautiful color.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5
    Hi Dan, and welcome to TFP. We like to see pool/landscaping/garden pix. Got some? You're gonna' like it here!

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!