Got my liquidator up - question

shakenbake

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2010
Austin, TX
No results yet - but it's flowing (3 on the flow meter with the 3/8" mods) at the pump speed I want to run at (about 25-30GPM).

I have a silly question, and perhaps its the celebration beer clouding my mind....

How do you fill this thing up? I understand there are visible signs when it runs out of chlorine - but there is only about a gallon of room in the tank when it's running at all times.
When I need to add 4-6 gallons of chlorine quickly - how? Do I dump it? :cheers:

Some pics
IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

Nice set up. Looks like you got it filled up.

I've found once I have 4 gal or so in the Liq - it's better to add 1 gallon a week rather than a full 4 gallon recharge a month. Keeps the output of the LQ a lot more consistent.

Also - you might want to consider spray painting the body of the LQ or insulating it to cut down on chlorine loss - since it looks to be in full sun (mine is too).

I installed my liquidator about two weeks ago. Just today, I picked up one of these from Home Depot. Installed it on the inlet side of the unit, shut it off for about an hour with the pump running, and ended up with plenty of room to add a gallon of liquid chlorine and some to spare.

You could rig up something like a hasp and loop, or just get a stainless steel long shackle lock and drill through the lid and flange and lock it that way. A coupler lock would also work. The weak point will be the wire ties used as hinges on the cover.

Or if locking is required, a safer way would be to go with a peristaltic pump and tank system. They usually have locking caps on them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.