Wall Return Jet Question

tharry8

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2011
Katy, TX
Somehow one of my wall jets is missing. I think it must have come off and was sucked by the cleaner and then thrown away. The pool has 5 jet returns, 2 skimmers and one main drain.

When I say it is missing, all that is left is a 1.5" sch smooth 80 bare pipe opening in the wall. There is no evidence that the original fitting was solvent welded in place (primer and glue not there).

I bought a 1.5" insert, but it will not fit. The inserts are made to be inserted into sch 40 pipe, but my pipe is sch 80 (so the insert is too large to fit into the wall opening).

The original jets are Pentair.

Ideas on how to repair?

Thanks,
Todd

Maybe I should ask another way...

I have 1.5" sch 80 pvc return lines at the pool wall. What kind of return nozzles can I install? The standard insider fittings are made for a 1.5in sch 40 pvc pipe (which has a larger ID for the insider to fit in). The standard 1.5" insider fitting will not insert into the 1.5" sch80 pipe.

Thanks,
Todd

Scott - Yep, I need white.

That part number is for a 1" pipe I think. Even if they have a 1.5" insider, will they have one that fits in sch 80 pipe? For PVC, the OD of the pipe is the same no matter what the schedule (wall thickness) is, it is the ID that changes based on the pipe schedule. For 1.5" PVC, sch 40 is 1.610" ID, and sch 80 is 1.500" ID. 1.5" insider fittings are made with an OD of just under the sch 40 ID (so it fits well). The problem is that the sch 80 pipe has a smaller ID, so the insider fitting doesn't fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.