Hayward Pump on/off switch broke

irishal

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2009
Edmond, OK
We have an AG pool with a Hayward 2HP pump that has served us well. Unfortunately this year the on/off switch underneath appears to have broken off (my guess is by an over-zealous mower). What are my options here to get the thing turned on.....or should I replace the pump?

Cheers.
Alan

How handy are you with wires? You can bypass the switch and then just plug the pump in when you want it to run and unplug it when you want to turn it off.

I'd imagine that you could find a replacement switch and install it or put a weatherproof 'light switch' on the line for the pump.

If the pump is still in good shape you should be able to find a switch for it. Google the brand and size of the pump motor to look for the parts.

If you are thinking about changing the pump anyway you could look into a 2 speed pump. Two speed coupled with a lower hp such as 1 or 3/4 would be a significant energy savings and still have enough power to run the vacuum and filter efficiently.

Great suggestion waste.....opened up the pump, hardwired the switch, put all back together and works great!!! With the mechanical timer I have inline, I really didn't need the toggle switch anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.