New Pool / Pressure increases with cleaned filter

jshbkr

Mar 24, 2010
New house, new pool. Cleaned the sta-rite cartridge cylindrical filter yesterday and noticed the pressure increased. The previous home owner also warned me of this and states he cleans the filter according to the pressure drop. Does this mean the filter assembly is plumbed backwards?

The pool seems to be working great with good pressure from the return nozzles and very clear water.

Sounds funny to me. You cleaned the filter, and the pressure went up, and it goes down with time? I don't think your filter is plumbed backwards; if it was, you would know it. It would inflate the cart like a balloon.

I agree and would think there would be no flow. The psi was at about 13 before cleaning and 18 after, very similar to what the previous homeowner stated (10yrs in the house). Maybe something backwards in the pressure gauge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.