Slippery concrete

Good morning,

You can Google "anti-slip" products and get LOTS of products. How effective they are, how long they will last, and how much they will alter the look of the concrete is a hard question.

Perhaps you have one out-of-the-way area where you could experiment before applying something to the entire deck.

On stained stamped concrete my only suggestion would be a clear coating with glass beads in it. That way you'd still have the color and pattern and the glass beads would produce a sparkling effect when the light hits them just right and provide a little slip resistance.

I'm going to second the clear coat with sand. I did that to my garage floor and it really helps. The roll on stuff isn't too much (about $60/gallon) and two gallons covered my whole 12 x 20 garage. You could probably do your pool deck with 2-3 times that.

I have tried 2 different products for this and while they helped some, the deck is still very slippery. Don't put on too much, it'll start to show white-ish on a darker deck. Sand may work... maybe I'll try that next time. My folks had a similar stamped deck put in but did not have it bi-colored or sealed. It really looks nice and is not slippery at all. If I get tired of it being slippery I might just have it sandblasted down to the concrete and live with just the base concrete color (intregal color).

Steve

Sherwin Williams carry a product call "Shark grip" it is a synthetic grip to be used in paint and clear coats. it works great, is transparent so it wont show white like sand, and when mixed it is lighter than sand so it stays in suspension after it is mixed in, and does not all fall the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.