Ktdave's finally showing off the petite oasis.

ktdave

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Katy, TX
Well, I finally got around to taking some pictures of the completed pool to post here. There still is some landscaping and other odds and ends left to do (isn't there always :whip: ), but we sure are enjoying the heck out of it. :cheers:

100_0584.jpg

100_0579.jpg

100_0581.jpg

looks very nice, its time for a door way and a nice deck on that bare wall, how do you get in the back climb over the fence, i dont see any doors any ware.

Rollin Thunder said:
looks very nice, its time for a door way and a nice deck on that bare wall, how do you get in the back climb over the fence, i dont see any doors any ware.

Thanks RT,
Yeah I'm still mulling over ideas on what to do next to the back fence wall. I'm not supposed to have any permanent structures (i.e. decking, etc) in that area because it's in a utility easement. As a matter of fact the part of the pool deck that is on the side opposite of the house is in that easement :shock: . The bond beam on that side is at the easement boundary. We just chose to violate the easement and take the risk and I'm glad we did, otherwise we would hardly have a deck.

As far as the gate to the back yard, if you look in the 2nd picture, if you were to walk out of the far (shallow) end of the pool and turn left around the corner of the house, the gate is that way as well as my grillin area.

Looks great.

You could plant bamboo and bananas along the fence for a tropical look. If you try bamboo make sure it's a clumping vice running type. The running bamboos get completely out of hand and you'll rue the day you planted it.

Dave, if your neighborhood is like mine, you can go over the easment with the deck as it is not considered a permanent structure - not that you want anyone breaking it out, but if it had to be done, it could.

It's okay if you still want to call yourself a rebel though. 8)

Looks great by the way. I'll add it to the slideshow when I get home.

SeanB said:
Dave, if your neighborhood is like mine, you can go over the easment with the deck as it is not considered a permanent structure - not that you want anyone breaking it out, but if it had to be done, it could.

It's okay if you still want to call yourself a rebel though. 8)

Looks great by the way. I'll add it to the slideshow when I get home.

FIGHT THE POWER

Wheres that texas rebel yell

YEE HAW. Well at least thats what i said when i lived in texas.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great!

Those easements can be a pain...my in-laws just had to cut down about 100 cedar trees they had planted because they were within 15' of a 1" water line. What a crock! Hopefully your easement is for something a little more bearable...

Dave...looks fantastic.

Where did you get your chaise lounges? We are lacking in our pool furniture area and of course fall is right around the corner and you can't find outdoor furniture anymore!

I guess all in all dealing with Jason and Adam was worth it....the pool turned out great.

wardsntx said:
Dave...looks fantastic.

Thanks!

wardsntx said:
Where did you get your chaise lounges? We are lacking in our pool furniture area and of course fall is right around the corner and you can't find outdoor furniture anymore!

We got the chaise lounges as part of a 9 pc Hampton Bay set from Home Depot.

wardsntx said:
I guess all in all dealing with Jason and Adam was worth it....the pool turned out great.

Yes it was worth it, but I'm still dealing (and I know you are too). I was taking a look at our main drain one day and it appeared to still have the threaded plug in it. So I took the cover off and discovered that yes, indeed, still had the plug in it. So I call Adam, he says he'll send someone over to fix it - NOT. A week or so goes by so I call again and Brent answers. He says he'll have someone over to fix it - NOT! So I take it upon myself to remove the plug - not very easy - but I did it. I then discover the drain is plugged with plaster :x ! Now I've sent Adam an e-mail and called him and still haven't gotten a response. :evil:

You might want to check your drain!

will do. Thanks.

yep, they got their last check and mum is the word. He still owes me $50.00 which I asked Jason to bring last time he was out. Jason says they will mail it. (been 2 weeks) I still have a check list of items that need to be finished...little stuff, but I know it will take for ever. I look at the pool and know that it is great, but I can't help but think there may be some underlying plumbing problems or something that isn't visible just from the issues we had along the way. I hope I am wrong.

My heater hasn't worked since day one, but of course it's not a build issue anymore, but a service issue...so not high on their list. The light hasn't worked since day one either ( I didn't want to give them their last check for things like this). So, I have had no response from Adam for over 2 weeks now. I ****** him off and it seems like he pretty much stopped all communication once I told him what I thought and gave him his last check. Now, they don't have to take care of me I suppose.

Either way, I give them until Saturday to get the Heater and light fixed, replace grass that was killed after being replaced once, grind down some flagstone, fix skimmer door and re-route overflow pipe that drains into my neighbors yard. If I don't hear back from them with at least a time frame for the fixes...to the BBB I go. Maybe if enough people report them, Adam will get his Crud together and not do the same thing in the future.

Not to write a book here, but I get the fealing that Adam and Jason spend a lot of time on larger more costly pools. Jason was telling me how he was out at a pool installing lights in steps that lead down to the lake and how he and Adam went to layout another pool in the shape of Texas. I just get the feeling that my pool wasn't big enough for the personal attention and that it was up to the subs to just get it done.
Of course when there was a problem, Jason and Adam were both quick to point the finger at the subs...not take responsibility for NOT being at the job site when certain stages were being performed...

Dig day - Jason here for 1 hour at start
Gunite - Jason here for 1 hour and 1 bench was left off and another not shot at the right height

The list goes on with days he was never here and I played supervisor. Oh well, you live and learn right.

Good luck with your dealings and happy swimming!

Disregard what I said about the drain I was wrong in my assumption of how it is set up. Adam just called me and hopefully now we have a road for him to make our small problems right.

I do think you're on the money with them spending more time on the larger budget pools. I believe that of the 12 weeks they (the subs) were building our pool, Jason was here probably less than 8 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.