Best price on 10%+ liquid chlorine in DFW area?

oct2274 said:
Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any good places to buy higher percentage liquid chlorine in the DFW area. I know you can get it at Home Depot, Lowes, etc, but is there a place that is even cheaper yet?
That's interesting, last time I checked there was nowhere in the Dallas area that sold higher concentration than bleach. I'll have to check it out again...

FWIW, I buy Clorox bleach for around $7.50 per case containing 3 182 oz jugs at Costco. I think that price is pretty hard to beat, but if you find a better source please update this thread for the rest of us! :cool:

Some, not all, but some HD stores have 10% sodium hypo. It's typically the same jugs that they have had in stock for the last 3 or 4 years or so (so it's not 10% anymore) and it is grossly overpriced when compared to the 6% bleach that is available in most stores in the area. Your best deal in the DFW metroplex is going to be the 3/182 oz. cases from Costco. I haven't found a pool store that sells it here.

shay1208 said:
I've seen 10% chlorine at HD on Coit and Campbell in Dallas or Richardson. I am fuzzy on the lines right there. I've heard, but never been there that Ace Hardware carries it.
Huh, I've been in there many times and not seen it. I'll have to look closer next time...

Thanks for the info! :goodjob:

shay1208 said:
I've seen 10% chlorine at HD on Coit and Campbell in Dallas or Richardson. I am fuzzy on the lines right there. I've heard, but never been there that Ace Hardware carries it.

Ace carries the 10%. Its a tad bit more than bleach at $3.99 a gallon at my local store.

Have you tried calling around to a couple of the local pool service companies and see where they get their chems?

That's what I did and found cases of 12% for $9 (with the coupon they keep sending me :-D ) - but I'm not in Tx...

lightingguy said:
Have you tried calling around to a couple of the local pool service companies and see where they get their chems?

That's what I did and found cases of 12% for $9 (with the coupon they keep sending me :-D ) - but I'm not in Tx...

Around here, the services use trichlor, dichlor, and cal-hypo.

I did call basically every pool store in the area a couple of years ago. They had no idea what I was talking about.

Not sure if you guys have true-value HW stores in the area too, but they also carry HTH 10% by me, along with ACE HW stores as previously mentioned. Every 2-3 months True Value sends me a $10 off coupon and I go pick up a bottle of MA in the paint aisle and a bottle of 10%...ends up costing me about 2-3 bucks after the coupon :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
lightingguy said:
Around here, the services use trichlor, dichlor, and cal-hypo.

I did call basically every pool store in the area a couple of years ago. They had no idea what I was talking about.

That's just depressing..... :(
I'm not sure I'd buy it even if they did stock it. "Lugging" bleach bottles does not bother me in the least, and I really think the price I pay for it can't be beat at any concentration...

It's $6.50 for a two gallons of 10% at Lowes here in Central CA. Surprised something is actually cheaper in CA than TX. I'll have to see how the stuff I just bought stacks up as to actual percentage but last year my does were matching the pool calc. There are so many pools here, the volume may create lower prices and stock turnover. At least at HD and Lowes, the section for 10% Chlorine is larger than shock, clarifier, etc. Maybe I'm just in a BBB town!

Local Leslies is far higher than $6.50 for 2 gallons.

Sportsman said:
It's $6.50 for a two gallons of 10% at Lowes here in Central CA. Surprised something is actually cheaper in CA than TX. I'll have to see how the stuff I just bought stacks up as to actual percentage but last year my does were matching the pool calc. There are so many pools here, the volume may create lower prices and stock turnover. At least at HD and Lowes, the section for 10% Chlorine is larger than shock, clarifier, etc. Maybe I'm just in a BBB town!

Local Leslies is far higher than $6.50 for 2 gallons.
Yeah, y'all are lucky indeed! I don't understand why a large market such as DFW has so few options in this regard. It's not for a lack of swimming pools...

I know I am a little late answering this one, but if your in the DFW area call some local janitorial supply companies (those that are big enough to not have too much dead inventory) and ask if they sell 5.25% Pure Bright Brand Bleach, it is made in Texas and distributed by Lagasse / Sweet out of their warehouse in Dallas along with other suppliers so tends to be very fresh and in reality much higher than the labelled 5.25%. I tested some from a fresh shipment that came in at work last summer that we bought from Lagasse, and it tested out around 9% cost should be around $2.15 per gallon or so. (we pay about around $1.55 per gallon by the pallet load delivered)

I've looked pretty much everywhere trying to find it. I just do the Costco Clorox thing.

Leslie's Commercial Supply is right by me at Miller and Jupiter, but I haven't called them because I figured by the time I do the math the Clorox thing would be cheaper.

Beez said:
shay1208 said:
Huh, I've been in there many times and not seen it. I'll have to look closer next time...

Thanks for the info! :goodjob:
You're welcome. I should qualify that I saw it at HD last year. I saw it at Lowes (Preston & 190 location) last weekend. It is branded Smart like the acid they sell. It was 10% for 4.99 / gallon so you would be paying for the convenience of the higher concentration.

I am now finding "liquid chlorine" in the pool section at Target. It is 10% for a gallon jug for $4.99. It is still alittle higher than bleach but convenient.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 522
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 521

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.