Please help me select a pump

noj70

Dec 8, 2010
I am about to install a 21'X41' X 54" oval AGP. I am sinking, but not back filling, pool. I need a self priming, 2 speed agp pump that will work with my size pool and a 22" sand filter. I plan on placing the pump and filter about 30'-40' from pool. Thanks in advance.

The filter and pump will be above or right at the water line. I am not done leveling the hole yet, so I am not positive on the water height compared to pump. I would rather be safe and get the self priming pump now instead of finding out later that I need one.
Thanks.

Perhaps something like the Pentair Dynamo 3/4 HP two speed, DYNII-N2-3/4 HP, or the 1 HP two speed, DYNII-N2 1 HP. These are both medium head pump that are capable of priming relatively small distances above water level (a couple of feet).

You may want to consider a larger filter. According to The Pool Calculator the volume of your pool will be around 25,700 gallons. You may want to look at a 1 hp 2 speed pump and the largest sand filter that will fit your budget. A larger filter will go longer between cleanings and provide better filtration than a small filter with a big pump.

Are you planning to add any other features to the pool, such as solar panels, heaters, salt water chlorine generators, ect?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.