What type Ladder and Anchors for new SW IG Viny Pool

briansturgeon

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
What type of ladder does best with salt water pool? My PB will start soon on our pool and I want to make sure that I have things that will last and look nice and not rust early from salt water.

He mentioned using plastic anchors instead of normal anchors but nothing else.

Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!!

I would opt for the plastic anchor cups.

Most deck installers block the drain hole in the cups :rant: and salt water in an aluminum cup will cause oxidation of the aluminum cup, making removal a real PITA!

Looks aren't the issue here, you could/ should have an escutcheon plate to cover the anchor. :) The issue is not being able to remove the ladder/ handrail when it comes time to cover the pool.

There are a couple ways to make it easier, anodes, etc. - IF the SS rails are installed in an aluminum cup, on a salt pool - but, plastic cups are a better option, IMHO. :cool:

Great point waste! I did my own and made sure they were not blocked. I can just picture a pool builder not caring and 10 years later the poor pool owner not being able to get his ladder out in order to change the liner. Again great advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.