Intro and build pics, above ground sunk w/retaining wall

May 24, 2010
Here is my project. If anyone sees any problems please let me know.
This is a 15' x 48" pool with 1.5hp pump w/ sand filter.

The plan is to be 2 steps down to the pool level from my patio. And then level with the lower patio grade. There is a retaining wall around the rear of the property so drainage is not really an issue since its lower back there than the pool.
I put a drain in on the outside of the pool wall near the skimmer this should take out any water that gets around the pool. I plan to fill with gravel up to near the level of the drain and then put a layer of concrete around the pool wall and in between the reataining wall that is around the pool. this will be graded to take all the water that gets in between the walls out to the drain that runs to the drainage that runs out the back of the yard.

I plan on building a round deck from the pool to 15" out away from the pool wall So that I can change the liner if needed and access all the parts on the pool. I plan to have a plywood floor on the deck covered in backerboard and then slate on top of that.

I just filled in the dirt up to the wall the yard used to start going down right at the end of the patio. Now it has been dug back out.
Here is the plan:
yardjpgimg9821.jpg

img4172.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img7312n.jpg

I damaged the pool liner beyond repair so a new liner is in now (not pictured yet) but that is why the water is drained. I had an aurora LED light in it, but the light leaked and shorted out. When removing I tore the liner at the return. I tried to patch it, but it just got worse. I ended up with a 4" x 6" hole in the liner at the return(as seen in last pic at bottom of this post).

img9888k.jpg

img0002qo.jpg

img0003qj.jpg

img0004nn.jpg

img0005qc.jpg

img0006qc.jpg

Here it is with the new liner
Also I put in a few posts for extra support. They will be cut off even with the pool.
Its been raining alot latley and its too muddy to get the gravel I need, but It may be dry enough tommorow.
I did a little work on the side of the house while I was waiting. I decided to builde a wall around where the pump is and I am put in another post to finish the fence. I'm going to have to cut some of the planks to finish the wall though.
Also there is a pic of the drain installed.

img0207wy.jpg

img0245w.jpg

img0246a.jpg

img0247h.jpg

img0248y.jpg

img0250b.jpg

img0251hu.jpg

img0252l.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got the deck coming together and the forms for the concrete walls going up.
The plan is to cover the deck with plywood and concrete board on top of that. PVC trim screwed into the plywood around the pool inside edge. The cement board will have the cracks filled with thinset and then coated with redgaurd sealer. Then the concret will be poured for the floor even with the concreteboard on the deck and then tiled across the deck and the concrete floor.

img1293oe.jpg

img1294ym.jpg

img1295o.jpg

img1296wu.jpg

img1297i.jpg

img1298uv.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.