Should I be concerned with the PH of fill water

Mar 28, 2011
I just purchased a new above ground oval pool 18' X 33' X 4.5' deep. I need to have water trucked in to fill it. My question is: should I be concerned with the PH level, question the company delivering it, or check it and adjust it accordingly?

Thanks!

The only issue I would worry about asking is the CH level, if you happen to live in a high CH area and they are pulling the water from a local water supply... everything else can be adjusted. I've gotten to know a few neighbors who had their water trucked in and wondered why the pool went cloudy as soon as they added chlorine...turns out the local pool water co is trucking in pond water vs using the high CH municpal supply :shock:

I agree with dmanb2b. pH is easy to deal with. CH on the other hand can be tricky and it is tough to know just what you are getting initally unless you ask the right questions. Hardness is a totally different animal and tougher to deal with in the end. I would double check the source of the water first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.