Leaving for 9 days

XsAllOverIt

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Airy, Maryland
I'm going on vacation for 9 days this coming week and the weather is forecast to be above freezing the entire time.
My pool is still winterized, so I'm OK there, but my hot tub is running 24 hr/day on the pump. I average 1/4 cup muriatic acid and 1/2 cup clorox every other day to keep everything balanced. The hot tub is set at 70 degrees.

How could I leave for 9 days without having any issues and noone adding chemicals?

Over nine days you can't guarantee anything. Still, if the tub is covered and you bring the PH down to say 7.0 and the FC up to shock level shortly before leaving you will probably be fine, especially if your TA is reasonably low.

We've been hitting 27-28 degrees in the mornings. I think I'll shock it good add a little muriatic acid and turn the heat off and let it run. The temps are supposed to be in the 40s (low) all next week. We're opening the pool the day after we come back. It will be an interesting journey this spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.