Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: kenlorz

1. Back To Top    #1

OK Here I go!!!! Hello to all and thank you Sean for starting a new forum. I have been watching and reading on Ben's site for a long time; waiting for it to open up..but alas no dice...so here I am. I am a Svc Tech and live in choconut, PA...just south of the NY border. Just Yesterday we finished our new IG install. It's awesome!!!! My PB did an incredible job...no detail too small. Specs are : 18x38 IG polymer wall / vinyl lined, 3' to 5'6" depth (deepest in the middle of the pool), hayward 1200 ctg filter w/ 1hp super pump, 2 skimmers w/isolation valve, 4 returns, goldline aquasolar tc solar controller, goldine aquarite cl generator, Hayward/Super Vision fiber-optic lighting system. Yes ....I'm a happy man!! Let me tell ya ...we filled the pool out of choconut creek with a gas powered pump in 5 hrs...I estimate about 20K gal for volume. I had the water tested ahead of time for ph/ak/metals ect. and it came back with nothing. ak was 0...ph 6.7 although I think it was lower, and the good news was NO metals! But here's what's the best....using BBB this moring I just nailed it. Now ph is 7.2 and ak is ~90. WOW on my First try YYEEEEEE HAWWW! I have to go for now...I look foward to hearing from yall n the future, and I'll post some pics asap! Great to be here!
    Ken
    If I don't jump in my wife pulls me in!!!!!!!!

18x38 roman IG/vinyl 20k gal aquarite swcg & aquasolar tc,hayward clearstar plus 1200 ctg filter & 1 HP super pump,supervision fiber optic lights

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to the site. Glad you found us.

That sounds like an incredible setup. When you have time, please share some pictures of the pool and the construction process if you have them.

Sean
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sounds like you've got things down pat...

Welcome!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Welcome, Ken!
    Debbie

5. Back To Top    #5

Ken, I join the others in welcoming you here!!

Isn't it amazing what a little real & practical knowledge can do?
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

6. Back To Top    #6
    Wow, what luck, I'm algea-green with envy!

LOL

Wish I had found sites like this years ago!

Glad to be here with you!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi Ken! Congrats on such a nice pool and being off to such a good start! Hope you post pics.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.