Solar Cover Reel installation Above Ground Pool

Jun 11, 2007
Hi, I have a 24ft round Above ground pool. I picked up a solar cover reel, the problem I am having is it is designed to mount to the top rails of the pool. Mine doesn't have any. it has decking around half of the pool, and fencing around the rest. I was told you shouldn't install it in the middle of the pool, only off to one side. So far the biggest problem i have had is it doesn't mind up well or come off of the roll well. I am thinking of doing a couple of things

1.Installing pull ropes on each end to assist in unrolling the cover (i see commercial products to do this, but anyone have any better methods? (or see step 2, i could use those straps)

2.Removing the outer straps (there are 8 of them, 6 should work fine) and flipping in the sides before rolling

i do have it secured to the deck and the end, but I was trying to avoid putting the mounts where people walk, as they might get hurt (they're plastic, and aren't sharp, but most likely some body will brake them.)

Thanks
Jamie

Well the rope idea is good. Ours is installed on posts off the end as our deck is at the other end. We have something similar to the rope/straps.
Any pictures you can post to help figure out what may assist with your problem?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.