Suction manifold redo

mikespoolfl

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 4, 2011
Florida
Getting ready to redo the suction manifold, all the piping is 1.5 inch. I’m going to increase the manifold piping and piping to the pump to 2 inch. My thinking on this is more efficient flow. Will be replacing the ball valves also but will be using the same size ( 1.5 inch).

Anyone know if the Jandy Gold Standard ball valves (one with the union on one end) are full port?
Would moving the pump take off to the middle of the manifold make much of a difference?

Increasing the manifold to 2" will improve the flow rate, but only by a little.

Putting the pump take off in the middle would make the draw from all four pipes more uniform. That may or may not be what you want. Often the pump take off is placed next to the main drain and the skimmer with the shortest pipe is placed at the far end of the manifold, in an attempt to tailor the non-uniform flow rates of the manifold to the situation. Again, this doesn't usually make all that much difference.

Bad lableing, they should be pool drain and spa drain. Between pool drain and skimmer will be new take off for pump. I found a good price on these "Pentair 1.5" PVC, 2-Way Lube-Free Diverter Valve, with 2" Slip Outside" $22.76. If order is over $149 free shipping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.