Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have added salt (200 lbs) to my pool today as per the pool calculator to bring my salt level to the recommended 3000 level for my SWG (Mineral Springs). That was around 1PM today. I have brushed the pool a couple of times since then to keep the salt stirred to assist in dissolving. The display on the MS system is still showing a salt level of 1900, the same thing it was showing before adding any salt. Should that have increased by now since it is now 11PM? I have not tested it with my salt test yet, but just wondering about the system. :scratch: Thanks!

Hello there~~

Before you added the new batch of salt, did your test strips agree with your SWCGs 1900 reading?

It seems to me that things like salt, calcium, and cyanuric acid are in that group of things that require Pool Owner Patience. Look tomorrow and test tomorrow and see what's what. No sense in rushing on these items which, once in your pool, can't easily be gotten out.
:-D
Lana

For the most part the strips agreed with the display. My strips gave a reading of 2070 and the reading on the display was 1900, so 170 difference.

I will wait "patiently" until tomorrow and see what the levels are...I am starting to get used to this patience thing! :wink:

SPKNout4CHRIST, LOVE the name!
Did you remove the cell to inspect it for calcium scale formation on the cell blades? How old is your cell? How cold is the water?
Usually if the cell is scaled, old, or the water is cold, it will read a lower salt level than is actually in the water.

Thanks!

I cleaned the cell a few weeks ago and the plates inside of it looked pretty clean to me. I am not sure how old the cell is. I just bought this house a little over a month ago and was not able to speak to the previous owners. The label on the cell itself looks to be in good shape and not really weathered, but I am not sure how accurate of a representation that is. Is there a way to tell from that label about the age? The water temp is staying between 62 and 70. Our temps here have been fluctuating from the 50's to the 80's the past few days. Right now the water temp is about 63.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.