Non-Polymer Filter Aid

Oct 14, 2009
I am getting ready to work on removing iron stains from my fiberglass pool. I will be using Stain Free by Natural Chemistry. In the instructions, it mentions using a "non-polymer filter aid (paper pulp products work great for this process)" if you have a sand filter. What is a non-polymer filter aid and where do I get one?

Thanks for your help!!

Dory

An example is Fiber Clear where you can get a small bag through Amazon. Be careful not to use too much as it filters to very small particles so can back up pressure significantly if the pool isn't clean (and it won't be when using these metal binding products since it sounds like they are intended to capture the sequestered metal in the filter).

Remove the skimmer basket and turn on the pump. Add about a cup of fiber clear to the skimmer. Watch the pump basket, when you add the fiber clear the water will turn milky. Once it has all been sucked into the filter the water in the pump basket will be clear again. Just add a little at a time until you have added the recommended amount. Then you can put the skimmer basket back in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.