recommend good robotic pool cleaner

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I work a lot of overtime durning summer months so I don"t have the time to vacuum. I need a good reliable one. Is it worth it to get the remote for when I am around to use it?

What do you think of Blue diamond?

No robotic cleaner is perfect. That said, the Blue Diamond is very well reviewed.

I like having the remote, especially for when I am in a hurry. I can steer the unit right to the dirt instead of waiting for it to complete a full cycle. But you could certainly live without it.

Hey,

I own a Blue Diamond w/remote and am happy with it. A pool your size will be no problem for the blue diamond to clean pretty well in it's normal 90 minute cycle. My larger pool takes 2, sometimes 3 cycles. I wish the cycle time was programmable so I could adjust it for my pool.

The remote is VERY helpful if you have the time to sit by the pool and drive it around....you can spot clean more efficiently. That said, steering it is not very intuitive so I have never gotten very good at controlling mine smoothly. It's easier for me to place it in the pool and let it do it's thing.

It's the only robot I've ever had so I don't know how it compares to other similarly priced units.

I have been using my Tiger Shark QC for a little over 3 years. Only other pool cleaner I’ve had was a Hayward Navigator. The Tiger Shark does a good job of cleaning, climbs stairs and walls and does the waterline. Cleaning the cartridge is fairly easy. The only thing I have replaced on it are the treads.

I got the Polaris 9300 a few weeks ago. Works very well, and it's very easy to empty the filter. Also comes with a caddy to store/transport it which is nice.

For the times I've run it, I would watch it for around 30 mins or so (because it's just so cool...) and it just didn't seem like it would get everything (would go over the same spots with some regularity); however, I would leave and come back at the end of the 90 min runs to see a perfectly clean pool every time.

beezar said:
I got the Polaris 9300 a few weeks ago. Works very well, and it's very easy to empty the filter. Also comes with a caddy to store/transport it which is nice.

For the times I've run it, I would watch it for around 30 mins or so (because it's just so cool...) and it just didn't seem like it would get everything (would go over the same spots with some regularity); however, I would leave and come back at the end of the 90 min runs to see a perfectly clean pool every time.

I was the same way as you with my polaris. I actually almost thought about selling it. Then one day I let it go for about an hr or so and came back and everything was gone and the bag was full. I was like I am keeping this haha.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.