Where to buy a new transformer for an Aquabot Turbo?

Mar 24, 2011
We have had out Aquabot Turbo for 10 years and the transformer just gave up the ghost. I have searched for a replacement transformer with no luck and really see no need to replace the whole power supply since they are still pretty expensive. I need one with the 31.5 Volt/6 Amp DC output.
Thanks in advance!
Robert

There are a few things that are confusing about your question. You state that you need a DC output but transformers are for AC to AC. Also 31.5 volts is an odd number. Where did you get that number from? Are your measuring voltage from another power supply? If so it's going to be high when nothing is connected to it. It's sort of like water pressure. You are taking a shower and everything is fine but then someone flushes the toilet (connects something) and the water pressure goes down.

Looking at Aquabot's website doesn't help. On the product overview http://www.aquaproducts.com/turbo.htm it says the turbo uses 30 Volts AC. The product comparisons page http://www.aquaproducts.com/comparemodels_inground.htm it says 24 Volts AC.

Both 24 and 30 volt transformers are pretty easy to find on ebay.

Not questioning your troubleshooting skills but how do you know it's the transformer that went? Being hunks of iron and copper they tend to last.

Scuba Frog,
Thank you for the reply. I pulled the 31.5V off the sticker on the transformer. My fault for thinking it was DC. I may have other issues that led to the transformer failing. I had issue with the timer years ago and eliminated it from the circuit. This past season the power supply started to blow fuses after the Aquabot would run for some time. After replacing the fuse several times it started to blow fuses even if the Aquabot was not plugged in to it. I eliminated the power supply wires and ran fused AC directly to the transformer...it blew the fuse right away. So I will dig deeper with that power supply when I get a chance, but I sure thought that this told me that the transformer was bad.
I just picked up a used Aquabot power supply that I was told was in good working order. I tested it on DC (silly me) and thought it was bad. Well I just tested it and it measures 34 V AC when on. I put the unit in water, turned on the power supply and no dice.
I will start to work on the unit testing for voltage along the wire path, checking for corrosion and report back.
Are there any other common points of failure?
Thank you in advance!
Robert

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.