Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hey everybody :wave: Hope everyone survived the awful winter. I see where it's not quite over for some :cry:
I remember seeing somewhere here about an expandable rubber plug for a T-15 SWCG. I think it was a #11 :scratch: Can someone confirm this for me before I go out and buy one? This will be my 3rd summer with my pool and it's probably time to check/clean the cell. I've never done this procedure before. Is the water/acid ratio 4:1? Can the water be just plain old tap water?

I am soooo looking forward to swimming weather :party:

Thanks.

Hey "Gator" :-D No, I've never had the cell disconnected. New adventure here :-D I quess I just unplug it and unscrew it on both sides and take a look huh??? If it doesn't look scaley (?sp) just hook it back up. I'm wonder how much water will pour out when I take that puppy loose???

Is the rubber plug a #11????

Yup, unplug it and take a look. Some water will come out, but it isn't too much. I'm afraid I don't know about the expandable rubber plug - I have a "T-Cell cleaning stand" that screws into one end cell for acid washing - but I've never used it - never had scale in the 3 years I've had the pool.

Thanks no-mas. Maybe someone will come along with the answer. Gators aren't looking too bad in the tournament. I don't think we can take much more drama on "Rocky Top" :roll:

Hey Ted. I thought it was you who mentioned the plug, just couldn't find the thread. Should have bookmarked it :hammer:
Hope you've adjusted to your move.
waste said:
See what happens when I go to do some housework, other folks have to answer for me :lol:

:

I've been married x2, and here in the Volunteer State, neither one of them ever volunteered to do housework :lol:
You're a good man Ted. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.