Here We go!

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
Ok, so the pool finished filling up last night ( good thing I got up early, the water level was RIGHT at the mid point line on the tiles when I went out to check) and as soon as the PB comes out and starts up the pumps we are live!!! Gotta pick up some CYA on the way home from work today, but I think I have everything else ready to plug into the PC. The PB took a sample of our tap and gave me the results and recommendations, but I will be going by the PS numbers. I am also going to do my own test on the water in the pool before adding anything since it seems sometimes the test vary some.
Now for my first (of probably many questions), do I need to add calcium initially? Seems I remember reading that that will come out as the plaster cures? Thanks!!
B

The best thing you can do is go by neither of their numbers. Get a good kit (if you don't already have one) and do your own tests.

The only way we would know if you need to add calcium is if you told us what the calcium number is now.

As Scott said, you'll probably need acid and you'll surely need some chlorine. The CYA is a good start too. I wouldn't add anything else until I got some good test results. If you post them here we'll help you as well.

Thanks! The PB does not give me a start up sheet, so I am kinda on my own in that dept. Just found out they will prob not get out today to start up the pumps (they give 2 days for filling) but tomorrow. I will be getting a sample later today and yup, got my TFP test kit rearing to go. I will post number when I get them. Thanks again!! I feel much more confident doing my start up with TFP helping me out! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.