Great CYA price

dayhiker

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2008
Pell City, AL
Each spring the biggest expense for startup for me is the dose of CYA. I usually go ahead and get what I think I'll need for the year. I usually expect to pay around $3.50-$4.00 per pound, but stumbled on this place. I ordered Tues, it shipped Wed, and it's supposed to be dlivered today. Note that the 4# pail is cheaper per pound than the 8#. That seems weird, but I bought the 4's.

http://www.dtydirect.com/ProductDesc.as ... onditioner

Candi said:
From what I can tell, the 1.75# is the same price as the 4#. I think the 4# has an error in the price. I'm more than happy to take advantage of that! Thank you.

I bet you're right. I need to do an algaecide treatment now too in prep for an iron treamtent, so that kicked me high enough for free shipping. I bookmarked that site for sure.

Thanks for the heads up on a great deal! To sweeten it up when I placed my order I used this coupon code Dtysave15a it gave another 15% off and somehow I also got free shipping!!! The total order was less than 27$ for 4 4lb buckets! Hope it works as well for everyone else too!

ROB N said:
Thanks for the heads up on a great deal! To sweeten it up when I placed my order I used this coupon code Dtysave15a it gave another 15% off and somehow I also got free shipping!!! The total order was less than 27$ for 4 4lb buckets! Hope it works as well for everyone else too!

oh darn, and I already placed my order.

ROB N said:

Well darn, I would've loved another 15% off of my order.

Had to edit. The filter made the 4 letter word for excrement that starts in c and ends in p look like I used the other 4 letter word for it. Used darn instead.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the tip I bought 4 for my new pool (figure I might need some extra and the shelf life is good if stored cool and dry so no worries!) 15% yes but no free shipping for me

Shipping was only 5.99 for 16 pounds though I can't complain there either!

Solid tip!

RSE

Thanks a bunch!

I ordered the things I was about to head to the big box store for - CYA, a vac hose & a leaf net. Got the 15%, too!

They will be delivered Monday (2 business days) and all for <$44! :shock:

They got some pretty darn good prices :goodjob:

Just a word of warning... the other day i was the victim of some fraudulent charges... the only non ordinary place I spent money was here for the CYA ... do yourselves a favor and monitor your credit cards for strange charges (mine were for $354 and $351 from leolooks and davebic both of which were precious stones and metals in nature)
so just make sure your ok too
I check my cards online all the time and never ever had this type of problem before
you never know when someone will take your info and send it to someone they know thousands of miles away and do something bad!

bk406 said:
Walmart sells HTH CYA about as cheap with no shipping :-D

BK you shop at Walmart :?: :shock: Ok..just kidding, I love Wally's :goodjob:

Definately if all you need is 4lbs Walmart is as good of deal or close...I'm pretty sure Walmart charges around $16 for a 4lb HTH container. The deal here is if you order more than 1 4lb container at $7.99 each...all you pay is 5.99 shipping or if anyone is just too darn lazy to go to Wally World:lol:

I bought 4
Neighbor got 1

with a new install and 13500 I figure to need at least 1 to start.. and if stored properly will last me plenty! so overall price was only 8.19 ea... savings paid for my magnetic stirrer :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.