filter and pump purchase

fishyspice

LifeTime Supporter
Hello again,
I think that I have settled on purchasing a Pentair Superflo ½ horse at Amazon for $349.00 and a Pentair CC 150 Clean & Clear 150 sq. ft. cartridge filter for $346.40 also from Amazon for my 10,000 gallon 15x26 Creation pool. Does anybody have an opinions pro or con.

Also, I keep noticing the mention of a skimmer in different print media. Does this skimmer come with the pump, filter or pool or do I need to purchase one separately. I took possession of the pool last fall from a sale at Namco and stashed all the boxes in the basement but have no idea what is in them. I was planning on waiting for the installer to open them. The delivery receipt lists what I have as follows which is Greek to me. Any help on this will help as well in case I have to purchase additional goods:
• Top Creation
• Upright creation
• Champ wall
• Kit creation
• Press plate
• Straps creation
• Metal uprights
• Un chan gus 2 pcs
• Un chan gus ctn1

The abbreviations are the way it is written.

Thanks again.

Those look like good fits for your pool but I'd recommend going with the Clean & Clear CC200 for not much more. It'll mean a little lower head loss and longer times between cleaning.

Your pool kit should have a skimmer included.
You're also going to want to have something on hand to use as a pad for the equipment. Some people use pavers and some buy ready made pads. You cna talk to the installer and see what they recommend.

Time to check the boxes :goodjob: I also got mine 2 years ago from Namco during their season closeout. If all you got was the Pool with liner special, the skimmer was $40 extra. Check for a box that is approx 12x12x24 and should say Proline/Hayward Skimmer on it. If not you'll want to make sure you have that before the installer shows up. I'm pretty sure my skimmer came with the return fitting too.

On the installation, you can skip the wall foam, the foam cove and bottom pad are a good idea though. Makes sure the installer uses a lot of duct tape on the pool wall seam as well.

I'll 2nd bama on getting as big a filter as you can, especially with the 1/2hp superflow. I have the same pump and love it. It is more than enough power for a std AGP :goodjob:

Good luck on the install.

I've been very happy with my Pentair equipment. I'd also recommend going to the bigger filter for the small difference in cost. Even if you don't have a large footprint, you can always get a thin and tall cart filter which will do a good job for you.

Denis

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.