Pool Planter Plant Suggestions

Yeah, I've loaded up on about a dozen Tiki torches with the citronella oil to place around the pool area as well...

Next year we're going to hit the landscaping around the pool pretty hard but still incorporate those tiki torches all around.

I'm tired of getting bitten during the evening when swimming and entertaining guests...

Thanks!

Beautiful pool and you have a park like setting with all the tree's. Very pretty. I am considering the plumbago also as I have Christmas palms around my pool cage area and most died between last winter and the one before. I am tired of replacing them.

Just an update 1 year later...plants are doing great...

photo3-2.jpg

Old thread, but still great info! I am looking for plants to go on the back side of our pool (Around waterfall, weeping rocks, raised decking in back) and the (3) planters. We are in Houston, TX area.

So far we are planning to do Spineless Yuccas (2) behind weeping rock/waterfall. Plambego, rosemary and lemon grass to help against mosquitos, Texas Mountain Laurel, BottleBrush Tree. Our planters have about 12-15" weeping rocks in front of them, helping block the leaves from getting in the pool. Any suggestions for other colorful but not tropical plants around pool which can survive year round and not deciduous?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.