In ground sand filter on above ground pool?

G

Hey guys/gals, I've been lurking for some time and now I finally have a question albeit rhetorical, actually I just need my research verified. First, a little about myself, I've kept an Intex pool for 7 years and I had upgraded to a waterway TWM 19" sandfilter with a 1hp pump, I know, more pump than I need. Anyway, this year our family took the plunge and ordered a 15x30, 52" deep AGP. I did the install and everything went smoothly until I started the plumbing, here's where my headaches began. I've always been a strong guy and I have realized my strenght is not an asset when putting together pool fittings, needless to say I've cracked my return, skimmer and sand filter valve screwing in the 1-1/2" threaded adapters, so I got out my plumbers goop and duct tape and gave eveything the old redneck fix while my replacements arrive and I babysit my pump while it's running. I know I could just replace the valve on the filter, but I might as well upgrade. My question is do I go with the Hayward s210 21" specified for AGP's or go for the s244 24" sand filter specified for inground pools. Based on the threads I've read on this site, the only difference on most products is a marketing gimmick, hopefully this translates to sand filters as well.
Thanks,
Mike

PS I have a Taylor 2006c and started out with the BBB method, no problems there.
Here's one pool pic, I've got build photos ill save them for another post

Attachments

• 060 (Large).JPG
    060 (Large).JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 105
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.