AGP liner sprung a leak. water draining fast

heatmisr

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
Northern NJ
my liner has a leak at the bottom of the pool near one of the support posts. you can hear the water running out. the water level has dropped 6" in the last 2 1/2 hours. All the pool stores are closed. Any suggestions for an emergency fix? The water has also hollowed out a hole in the spot where the leak is.

Nicole,

I have no idea if this will help but you might run to Home Depot/Lowe's tonight and get a little jar of "plumber's putty". It's sorta' like modeling clay and may mold to the bottom to slow the leak. It's the only thing I can think of right now.

Thanks Dave.

I did run out and go to Home Depot. Went to the plumbing section and got some Waterproof repair tape. Tried taping it from the outside, but the waterflow was too strong, so hubby got in and did it from the inside. The tear was only about 2 inches long, but the water was really gushing. Looks like we got the tear patched up.

In the process of all this, we did find out a little more about the pool structure. the walls are buried about 6". (another reason it was hard to get to it from the outside) Hubby said when he got in, he could feel where the foundation was gone under that spot. So tomorrow morning, I will go out and see how it looks. Will have to get some dirt or something to shore up the bottom under that spot. I put as much mud as i could find back in the hole, but it is definitely not enough.

Now I have another problem, but I will start a new post in the Start up/Closing forum for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.