Wnterized above ground pool. Raise the water back up or no?

Jul 11, 2010
54" tall above ground pool in NY.

Winterized properly with a solid cover. (water full, skimmer and return plugged)

After all the tons of snow and rain a lot of pool water got displaced out of the pool.
Now that I have drained the water from the top of the cover the actual level of the pool water is about 30". Should I raise it back up, or just leave it till spring?

Re: Wnterized above ground pool. Raise the water back up or

Raise it up neighbor :goodjob: Just like mine the skimmer door probably leaked. With some more rain, I did not like all the pressure being put on the cover with the water so low.

dmanb2b said:
Raise it up neighbor :goodjob: Just like mine the skimmer door probably leaked. With some more rain, I did not like all the pressure being put on the cover with the water so low.

Ok, I will. I have no way to circulate the water, do I need to add chlorine and balance the PH after I raise it back up?

Nope...you can tackle that when you open the pool up. Just stick a garden hose under the cover and add 12" or so of water. Wow...just checked your website...literally right accros the river :goodjob:

dmanb2b said:
Nope...you can tackle that when you open the pool up. Just stick a garden hose under the cover and add 12" or so of water. Wow...just checked your website...literally right accros the river :goodjob:

Oh sweet. Thanks.

Poughkeepsie?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.