Getting closer to plaster and need a vacuum

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
So far so good...looks like the pool draining was our big hiccup, everything else has gone very smoothly. :) New tile is in, plumbing done, plastering set for Monday.
Now, I need to get a vacuum ordered in the next day or so and it seems I read somewhere that a concrete vacuum was a no no on new plaster?
What would you suggest? Also, I have the extension pole that the leaf rake, etc attaches to, besides a vacuum and hose, anything else I need?
I already got a wall whale last season, so brushing shouldn't be too bad, lol, I won't need to do an upper body workout while I am brushing the pool everyday.
Thanks for your input!
B

We had our pool replastered last Sept. and as I recall they recommended not using a vacuum for the fist 30 days or so, just brushing every day for the first couple of weeks. I think that this topic is covered in the Pool School link at the top right of this page under New Pool Startup or something like that.

Not sure what you mean by a "concrete vacuum", but if you're referring to a pressue or suction side automatic cleaner I would highly recommend the Pool Cleaner by Poolvergneugen. I recently bought the 4-wheeled suction side model and I'm extremely happy with it. It's very easy to set up and does an incredibly good job of cleaning the entire pool. I bought mine from PST (Pool Serrvices Technologies, I believe) in San Diego. They are one of the vendors on this forum and offered me a discount for being a forum supporter. It was shipped the morning I ordered it and I received it the next day. I had previously used a Polaris 280 and a Zodiac Barracuda X7. This one beats them both in my opinion.

Hope this helps

Gary

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.